Omotola Jalade Ekeinde is one of the most beautiful, richest and most talented actress in Nigeria. She has been in the Nigerian movie industry popularly known as Nollywood for over 2 decades. So therefore, in this post I will be sharing with you 10 real facts about Nollywood famous actress Omotola Jalade Ekeinde that you probably didn’t know.
- Omotola Jalade Ekeinde is a Nollywood actress, singer, model, entrepreneur, television personality and a philanthropist. She has been regarded as one of the highest paid actress in Nigeria. She is always known for playing in romantic, sorrowful and action thriller movies. She has been in the industry for over 2 decades. She always plays the role of a royal princess, an independent corporate lady, a good house wife and a determined young lady in several Nollywood movies.
She was born on 7th February 1978 in Lagos State in the south western Nigeria. She is currently 41 years old. Her parent’s names are Oluwatoyin Jalade and Oluwashola Jalade. She is originally from Ondo State in the south western part of Nigeria but grew up in Lagos State in the south western part of Nigeria. She started acting at a very tender age. She is very beautiful, gifted, skillful, creative and talented in acting and interpretation of movie roles. She knows how to interpret her roles very well and can fit in any character given to her by movie directors and producers in Nigeria.
As a kid Omotola Jalade Ekeinde dream was to become an actress. She completed her nursery and primary school education at Oxford Children School and Chrisland Primary School both in Lagos State in the south western part of Nigeria and obtained her First School Leaving Certificate. After completing her nursery and primary school education, Omotola Jalade Ekeinde proceeded to Command Secondary School in Kaduna State in the northern part of Nigeria and obtained her West African Senior School Certificate. While still in secondary school she was actively involved in drama, stage play and performing arts.
After completing her secondary school education, Omotola Jalade Ekeinde proceeded to Yaba College of Technology in Lagos and obtained a National Diploma in Estate Management. After obtaining her diploma, Omotola Jalade Ekeinde proceeded to Obafemi Awolowo University Ile-Ife in Osun State in the south western part of Nigeria and obtained a Bachelor’s Degree in Estate Management. While still in the university as an undergraduate Omotola Jalade Ekeinde began auditioning for acting jobs in Nollywood movies.
She joined the Nigerian movie industry popularly known as Nollywood in 1995 and made her first acting debut in the 1995 movie titled “Venom of Justice” a movie directed by Reginald Ebere. Her role in the movie earned her an award for Most Promising Actress in Nigeria at the Africa Movie Academy Awards. According to her, she was introduced to acting by a friend.
Omotola Jalade Ekeinde is currently one of the leading actress in Nollywood. She became more famous after starring in the Nollywood blockbuster movie “Mortal Inheritance” a movie that earned her an award for Best Actress in a Leading Role at the Africa Movie Academy Awards. The film was however regarded as Nollywood best produce movie of all time. Omotola Jalade Ekeinde has been regarded as one of the most beautiful actresses in Nigeria by different media outlets in Nigeria.
Omotola Jalade Ekeinde is considered to be one of the best paid actresses in Nigeria. She has starred in over 300 Nollywood blockbuster movies. Some of the movies she has acted include Games Women Play, Blood Sisters, All My Life, Last Wedding, Venom of Justice, Mortal Inheritance, and many more. She is popularly known for starring in action thriller movies, love and romantic movies alongside with Ramsey Noah, Jim Iyke, Emeka Ike, Chidi Mokeme, Genevieve Nnaji, Desmond Elliot and other top Nollywood celebrities. She has appeared in over 300 films which has sold millions of copies worldwide.
Omotola Jalade Ekeinde in the cause of her acting career has won several awards. In 1997 her role in the movie Mortal Inheritance gave her a prestigious award for Best Actress in a Leading Role at the 1997 THEMA Movie Awards. She has also won the Overall Best Actress in Nigeria. She was the youngest actress in Nigeria at that time to achieve such fame. In 2005, she won the award for Best Actress in a Supporting Role at the Africa Movie Academy Awards. In 2005, she launched her music career with the release of her debut studio album “GBA” with her hit single titled The Things You Do To Me. In 2005, Omotola Jalade Ekeinde became a United Nations World Food Programme Ambassador.
Omotola Jalade Ekeinde is currently married to a pilot Captain Matthew Ekeinde. She married the pilot in 1996 and together they are blessed with four lovely children. Her children are now grown-up. Her first daughter is a graduate while her last daughter is now in the university. In 2010, Omotola starred in the Nollywood blockbuster movie “Ije” a film which was shot in California and Los Angeles both in the United States of America. The movie was regarded as the most expensive Nollywood film ever produced.
In 2012, she acted in Last Flight to Abuja. Omotola Jalade Ekeinde has won over 40 local and international awards. She is considered as Africa’s biggest box office actress. In 2013, she was honoured in Time Magazine’s list of the 100 most influential people in the world alongside American former first lady Michelle Obama. On 2nd November 2013, Omotola Jalade Ekeinde made her first appearance in a Hollywood Movie titled “Hit the Floor”. She is the first African celebrity to receive over 1 million likes on her Facebook page. She currently has over 3 million followers on Facebook and 5 million followers on Instagram.
- Omotola Jalade Ekeinde currently has an estimated net worth of over $5 million, making her one of the richest and most influential actress in Nigeria. She is also very popular on social media with more than 5 million followers on Facebook and her official Instagram handle. In 2014, she was honoured by the Nigerian Federal Government as a Member of the Order of the Federal Republic (MFR) which happens to be the highest award and honor given to a celebrity who has contributed immensely to the economy growth and development of the country. Omotola Jalade Ekeinde aside from acting is also a humanitarian and a philanthropist. She has an NGO project called the Omotola Youth Empowerment Programme. She also has campaign for many amnesties international.
- Ngozi Ezeonu Biography And And Net Worth - March 24, 2023
- Chiwetalu Agu Biography And And Net Worth - March 23, 2023
- Tiwa Savage Biography And Net Worth - March 23, 2023
Leave a Reply