Nigeria and Argentina once again are placed into the same group in FIFA World Cup 2018. They are in group D. Earlier more than couple of times they were in the same group of FIFA World Cup. However, it is important that there is winner between them. Most of the times team Argentina got victory over Nigeria but this time in a friendly match, they faced defeat against Nigeria by 4 – 2 goals. So, about their upcoming battle, it’s hard to predict. The match between them will be the 39th match of the tournament and in 26th June, 2018 the match will take place. Let’s see their upcoming match details below.
# Nigeria Vs Argentina Match Info:
- Date – 26th June, 2018
- Kick Off – 19:00 (BST)
- Day – Tuesday
- Tournament – FIFA World Cup 2018
- Match No. – 39th
- Group – D
- Episode – 21st
# Hosting Venue Info: The match between them will be hosted at Krestovsky Stadium. The venue is known as Saint-Petersburg Stadium officially and also called as Zenit Arena. It is the home venue of FC Zenit Saint Petersburg which is located in Krestovsky Island, Saint Petersburg, Russia. It consists of 67,000 seats capacity, the ground has opened in 2017. The field surface of the venue is grass.
# Nigeria Best XI (Possible):
- Goalkeeper – Ikechukwu Ezenwa
- Defenders – Stephen Eze, Ola Aina, Leon Balogun, Chidozie Awaziem
- Midfielders – Wilfred Ndidi, John Obi Mikel, Joel Obi
- Attackers – Kelechi Iheanacho, Victor Moses, Alex Iwobi
# Teaching Staff:
- Manager – Gernot Rohr (Ger)
The recent performance of Nigeria is not much good but against Argentina they used to play very good. They have couple of most talented players which are connected with different top rated clubs. John Obi Mikel, Victor Moses and Alex Iwobi are the three top rated players in the team. Two of them are forwards and John is the midfielder. They can change a game result. Besides, in big matches Victor and Iwobi used to play great.
# Argentina Best XI:
- Goalkeeper – Sergio Romero
- Defenders – Nicolas Otamendi, Javier Mascherano, Gabriel Mercado
- Midfielders – Lucas Biglia, Angel Di Maria, Eduardo Salvio, Pablo Perez
- Attackers – Lionel Messi (Captain), Paulo Dybala, Sergio Aguero
# Coaching Staff:
- Manager – Jorge Sampaoli (Arg)
If we consider the recent performance of Argentina, they are showing good now. They have most potential players in the squad which is led by Lionel Messi. Upcoming World Cup 2018 will be the last World Cup of Messi and so, he is desperate to win it. He has plenty of comrades in his team where Di Maria, Aguero, Dybala and Higuain are the best.
# Head To Head: Team Nigeria can be considered as the old rival of Argentina. Since 1994, they used to play against each other. In 14th November, 2017 this two teams last time played against each other. However, considering all the statistics, they faced against each other total eight times so far. Among them Nigeria wob twice times and Argentina won five times so far. Most of the times, they faced against each other in FIFA World Cup group stage. Like before, they will play once more against each other in upcoming Russia World Cup group stage.
- Total Played – 8 Times
- Argentina Won – 5 Times
- Nigeria Won – 2 Times
Related Article: Ahmed Musa Biography, History, Asset and Net Worth
- 6 Nollywood Child Actors That Are Now Grownup - December 2, 2023
- 6 Nollywood Celebrities Who Had A Secret Wedding - November 30, 2023
- Jim Iyke Biography, True Life Story, Personal Records, How He Started And How He Rose To Fame - November 28, 2023