Oily skin is the over production of sebum from the sebaceous glands which are located under the surface of the skin. Sebum is made up of fats. Sebum helps to moisturize your body but it can clog pores, leads to acne and breakouts if the sebum in your body is much. Some of the causes of oily skin are hormones, cosmetics, genetics, stress etc. These are the following ways to get rid of oily skin at home without expensive skin care products.
1. Honey – Honey is an antibacterial and antiseptic agent. Applying honey helps to cleanse the skin, speed up wound healing and get rid of redness, irritation and acne which is caused by bacterial. It is a natural humectants, so it draws moisture from the skin, keep it moist and not oily.
2. Oats – Oats has an anti inflammatory and antioxidant substance that can help to reduce roughness and scaling, calm the skin, exfoliate and absorbs excess oil. It is also known for its moisturizing qualities which keep the skin hydrated by forming a protective barrier that holds water against the skin.
3. Egg Whites – Egg whites can be use to tighten your skin by shrinking pores, which means there will be lesser production of oil. It is rich in proteins and magnesium which nourishes the skin, remove impurities and excess oil from your skin, prevent breakouts and repair damaged tissues.
4. Lemon – Lemons are very effective when it comes to getting rid of oily skin. The antibacterial and astringent properties removes excess oil from your skin, decrease inflammation that may contribute to the formation of acne and gives you a brighter, smoother and clean skin.
5. Tomatoes – Tomatoes are rich in vitamin A and C which can help to detoxify your skin and relieve inflammation. It does a great job of combating greasy skin and reducing excessive oil production. Tomatoes are acidic in nature which means, it maintains the PH level of your skin. All you need to do is rub a slick of tomato on your face, allow it to sit for 20 minutes then, wash it off.
6. Almond Oil – Oily skin always attract dirt’s due to excessive sebum production, almond helps to remove the dirt on your skin. It contains rare fatty acids like omega – 3, 6 and 9. Also, it has oleic and linoleic acids which makes it a good moisturizer. This oil deeply cleanses the pores without clogging them. Apply 2-3 drops of almond oil on your skin once in a week.
7. Buttermilk – It contains lactic acid which helps to draw out dirt’s, oil and sweat that can clog your pores. Regularly using of buttermilk in your skincare routine can help to solve all skin issues. Its fatty and acidic nature works as a moisturizer and as an exfoliate.
8. Activated Charcoal – Charcoal works best on those with oily skin because it removes deeper impurities, excess oil and bacteria leaving you with a smooth, supple and clear complexion. Using them often may irritate your skin, so you should use once a week.
9. Aloe Vera – Aloe Vera can help to soak up excess oil, giving you an even complexion. Its anti-microbial properties can help to fight the bacteria that is responsible for clogging your pores and treat flaky skin that is caused by oily patches. Apply a thin layer of Aloe Vera gel on your face before bedtime and leave it on until morning before you rinse off. Do these 4 – 5 times per week for best result.
- Top 10 Most Beautiful Actresses In Ghana In 2023 - January 25, 2023
- Top 10 Most Handsome Actors In Ghana In 2023 - January 25, 2023
- Top 10 Most Beautiful Teen Actresses In Nigeria In 2023 - January 23, 2023