President Muhammadu Buhari says the majority of the people behind the calls for secession in the country are too young to know the level of damage that happened during the civil war. According to the president, many of the secessionists are too young and ignorant of the loss of lives and destructions that the civil war brought to the nation.
The president who made this statement through his Verified Twitter handle said that he and others who were in the field of war for 30 months will treat the young agitators in the language they will understand. President Buhari had earlier talked about the security challenges in the country and the incessant attacks on national infrastructures. He also called on the newly appointed Service Chiefs and acting Inspector General of Police to rise up to their responsibilities and fight the security challenge that is confronting the country.
President Muhammadu Buhari made this declaration on Twitter. According to his words on Twitter; “In the area of security, we have changed the Service Chiefs and the Inspector General, and we are demanding that they rise fully to the challenges confronting us. There must be zero tolerance for all those bent on destroying our country by promoting crime and insurrection.
Many of those misbehaving today are too young to be aware of the destruction and loss of lives that occurred during the Nigerian Civil War. Those of us in the fields for 30 months, who went through the war, will treat them in the language they understand”, President Buhari vowed.
- After Banning Twitter Nigerian Government Threatens To Suspend Facebook, Instagram And WhatsApp - June 23, 2021
- Nigeria Military Aircraft Searching For IPOB Members Returns To Imo Causing Panic, Fear And Tension - June 23, 2021
- Prophet Odumeje Drops 7 New Prophecies – Says Nigerians Should Watch And Pray - June 22, 2021